5 Ways to Improve Immune System Wellness with Healthy Choices
Unless you suffer from an autoimmune disease or frequent illness, you probably didn’t think about your immune system too often before the pandemic.
The rise of COVID-19 has thrown our immune systems into the spotlight. Suddenly, countless Americans are looking for new ways to improve their immune system wellness and fend off infection.
While you can’t boost your immune system per se, you can make healthy choices to help your immune cells thrive.
5 Strategies to Improve Overall Immune System Wellness
Your immune system doesn’t “live” in one centralized location. Different organs and tissues across your body are responsible for producing and housing distinct types of immune cells.
Living an overall healthy lifestyle is the best way to create an optimal environment for your immune cells.
- Avoid alcohol: Consuming alcohol can destroy vital immune cells in your gut and increase your risk of respiratory illnesses.
- Don’t smoke: Smoking suppresses production of Natural Killer cells which you need to fight infection.
- Exercise daily: White blood cell and antibody production from exercise might help your immune system identify infections faster.
- Consume antioxidants: Dark leafy greens and vibrant red or purple berries are loaded with antioxidants to help you fight infection and strengthen your immune function.
- Reduce stress: Psychological stress can suppress immune cell production and increase your susceptibility to illness.
Live a Healthy Lifestyle in Bradenton
Dr. David Zamikoff and the team at Natural Healing Arts Medical Center in Bradenton offer multiple therapies to help reduce stress and improve your overall health.
Your central nervous system lives in your spinal cord. Regular spinal adjustments can create a healthy environment for your CNS to thrive which helps improve your resilience to stress.
Likewise, regular massage therapy can relieve built-up tension and physical symptoms of long-term psychological stress – such as raised and tense shoulders.
Physical therapy can also help you ease back into exercise by improving balance and mobility.
Are you ready to start your journey towards optimal health? Schedule an appointment at Natural Healing Arts Medical Center in Bradenton by calling 941-761-4994.